Saturday, September 3, 2011

Pill swallowing and happy update :)

My alarm clock on my phone rang too early on Tuesday morning... I got dressed in a "belt friendly" outfit... with a scarf to hopefully tie around something or use to hide the hideousness of the recording machine while I was at work. My mom and I got into the car and she drove me to the G.I. doctors office where they whisked me away into a small room to hook me up.

"Here... swallow this." the nurse said as she handed me a blinking pill.

seriously... it looks like it should have been a part of (enter robotic voice) "Disney's Electrical Light Parade"

"This goes against every grain in my body" I told her as I picked up the blinking pill that was bigger than my hand  larger than the top of a pencil.

I put it in my mouth and could feel it slightly vibrating...

I took the tiny... tiny glass of water and... gulp.

I swallowed a camera.

After that I went to work and complained about how hungry I was to all most of my coworkers... and clients... not my best day. At exactly 10:30 I was allowed to drink juice... hallelujah. I ran to the back room and poured myself a glass of apple juice. ahhhh... 

"49 minutes till I can eat" I would exclaim to my coworkers... I wasn't counting down or anything... and I'm sure this didn't interrupt their day... not one bit.

Finally... 12:30 came.

I had been fasting for 26 hours... and had had everything cleaned out...

I grabbed a pretzel from my bag and put it in my mouth...

"wait... I can do this right" I thought as I re-read the paperwork that I had received, "yes it says I have to eat"

I shoved the pretzel in my mouth... mmm...

Then I was nauseous... and it took me another hour before I could actually eat. All that excitement to eat... and I want to toss my cookies.

Soon it was time for me to leave and my dad picked me up and we went to lunch and I got a soup made mostly out of broth.

We came home and I fell asleep till it was time to go back to the doctors. As we arrived at the doctors my mom and I were planning our great escape...
"K... keep the car running! I'll be out in a second" I told her...

yeah... I'm a horrible person.. I scheduled 2 appointments at the same time... the good thing was... the G.I. doctor was only supposed to take a second and the second doctor the urologist (... ewww I hate his office... way too many "male parts" lying around on desks) was literally across the street.

I ran in and turned in the incredible fashion statement  err I mean belt machine thing and then came back out to the car. I was only 6 minutes late to the urologists office and he was running late anyway. I sat in his office waiting room... that was FULL of men. I was the only female. My mom was parking the car. I felt very very out of place.

Unforgettably... he had to prescribe me some new meds for a new... fun little waterfall issue ...sorry TMI...  but they seem to be helping... and he thinks it's some sort of nerve issue... probably related to the rest of my issues... yay...

So that night...  I thought the pill had made it's way out... but with my vision issues... I couldn't see the white pill against the white toilet... So I grabbed a pair of handy dandy gloves... and yes... you are reading this correctly.. I stuck my hand in to find it. ewww.

It was there... all by itself... it came out... all alone...

Now... Why did I have to find this nasty thing... cause if I hadn't confirmed it's exit... I would have had to have additional x-rays before some of my testing next week... and frankly... I don't want to pay for additional x-rays. So... I found it. And I just might have texted this picture of it to my boss...

Yep that's my hand... and that pill went through me.. gross
(it's ok... get over your shock... she asked to see it! So I washed it off... and I sent her a picture... then I thoroughly lysol wiped it... and now it's sitting in my medical marvels collection... with five sternal wires I had removed and my wisdom teeth (stupid tooth fairy never came for them... I had to PAY to loose those... cheapo tooth fairy :) ha ha!)

The next day I went to see Dr. "Blackbird" and he ... get ready for this...

HE GAVE ME A DIAGNOSIS FOR MY EYES!!!!!!!

WOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I was screaming from the mountain tops...

and best of all.... he's treating it :) It's some sort of connection issue between my brain and my eye... similar to a migraine but with no headache. I am thrilled. He said it wont fix the rest of my issues but it'll at least let me be able to see... and drive :)

So that's my update for now... more to come this week... sorry for the lack of updates this week... computer's are a little frustrating for me to try and view currently... anyway...

I hope you have a wonderful Labor day weekend! Do something amazing :)

xoxo- me


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise God you have a diagnosis for your eyes! I continue to lift you up in prayer.

Mary N.