Tuesday, May 31, 2011

testing time

So... I went and saw the oncologist/ hematologist today. Even as I type those words I don't like them... Oncologist... hematologist... yeah.. they aren't friendly words... most people squirm at the sound of them. Do I squirm? well... a little... ok... maybe like a fish out of water...

This morning as I woke up and my mom... pried me out of bed... (have I mentioned how swollen my belly is? well... I look like I'm prego... getting up is a little hard) And at that point... I realized... I really really didn't want to go... Like really really... but I got up and decided I would be brave.. like the brave little toaster...

So... I went... Stressed out the whole way...mainly because whenever you go see a new dr. they give you a packet... I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about... I hate that packet... with a passion. Well... I get to the office... (after I called 3 times to verify the address... building... suite... yeah... I was still trying to avoid that office... oncologist... hematologist... they still don't sit well) and I was handed a "packet" I HAVE NEVER SEEN ONE SO BIG!!! This packet had about 50 pages... I filled it out... 40 minutes later... I finished. My favorite part about these "packets" is... the dr. rarely looks at them... why waste my time?

The office was nice and the Dr. was wonderful... but... as I walked down the hall... I glanced in a room... where about 4 people were getting chemo... yeah... my heart dropped... I was in that office... THAT OFFICE... I really really want something simple... preferably something where I get to keep my hair... I love my hair... I really really really... love my hair... and I have the best hair stylist ever... Her name is Katie... We go to the same church... I've known her since I was two... I love my hair...

Anyway... he spent about a half an hour with me... poked... prodded... looked... and sucked all the blood out of my body (ok maybe not all of it... but quite a bit) ... then he told me to go to the front desk to schedule some appointments... so I get to go in for a few more... ok maybe more than a few... tests and yuck... Still no official diagnosis... but I'll make it... Cause I'm a brave little toaster... and as my dear friend Kathy posted on my FB wall today... " you are the daughter of The King, and He knows exactly how much you can bear"
Oh that is the best news I've heard all day Thank you for reminding me :)
xoxo- me

No comments: