Friday, February 27, 2009

All too familiar

This afternoon as I was enjoying a comfortable late afternoon "get well" nap the phone rang. It was the care facility that my dear Great Grandma stays at. She wasn't feeling well and they were taking her to the hospital. My sister met them at the hospital and stayed until my mom could come. I finished up some chores and then went to relieve my mother of her duties. As I walked down that pathway to the E.R. memories flooded back to me... this time it was different I wasn't going to be treated... I was going to sit... wait... pray that everything would be alright. As we sat in that all too familiar hospital I watched her fragile 94 year old chest raise up and down... every breath. Watching the steady heartbeat on the screen I remembered the fear that used to fill my body in those rooms... as my heart monitor constantly beeped irregular. But this time I was on the other side, the waiting side.

How did my parents do it? How did they watch their 16 year old be hooked up to all of those machines? What did they feel? These questions filled my mind... they were so strong, so brave. I was helpless... They were helpless.

I decided to take this time to work on my testimony that I would be giving on my upcoming trip to Romania. After all what better place to work on it than the place where my trials started? I started reading through Philippians. I came across this verse which was on our bulletin at church this past Sunday "And my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus." How great is that...

My Sweet Grandma is now resting comfortably at home with no worries after being checked over by the Doctors. And I left her having learned more about life... I am so blessed

No comments: