Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I hate germs

So while at camp the girls made fun of me. Could it be because I brought Lysol wipes and disinfectant to clean the cabin? Could it be that I brought a gallon sized container of germ-x with me? Could it be that I had my mini sanitizer with me wherever I went?

I hate germs.

I am a germaphobic.

There I admitted it.

Ok so here is probably my most disgusting story ever that totally made me more germaphobic than ever.

I was at a party for a friend. We were all sitting around and chatting. I only knew about 4 people at her birthday party and the rest were her friends from school. The sun was shining, the pool was shimmering, the food was good and everyone was relaxed. There were quite a few bowls of snacks sitting on the table and we were all enjoying them. I had been trying to be social when all of a sudden I realized this young man. He had a fairly normal appearance except for his hands. They were black with dirt. Under his fingernails were globs of nasty... completely black. He too had been enjoying the communal snacks.

My stomach started to churn...

Calmly I asked what he did for a living. He replied that he had just gotten off work and he was so exhausted. He had been working on a sewage line all day!

The man was a plumber! So jokingly I said "I sure hope you washed your hands" Then he replied "oh my goodness I totally forgot"


Ewww.... The next day I got sick :(


and that is why I HATE GERMS!