Thursday, May 15, 2008

Catching Ladybugs

Yesterday I had an unquenchable desire. I needed to go outside and be a kid. The need to dig in the dirt and catch worms, snails, ladybugs, and "butterflies" (moths) was overwhelming. The desire to be a kid was like a need for water... necessary. There could be many reasons for this happening, maybe I just didn't want to be a grown up yesterday. Maybe I didn't want to go to the post office... again. Maybe the laundry was stacked too high or the orders were too many. Maybe the stress was getting to me. Maybe I wanted to be unaware of the devastation in China. Maybe I didn't want to face the reality of life.


I just wanted to catch a ladybug.

2 comments:

Nyla said...

Sounds like fun!

Crysti & Jerome said...

I'm jealous! I wanna have a day to be a kid...maybe Memorial Day when I have a day off work :-)