Monday, October 1, 2007

The Inner Mother

This week has been quite an experience for me. I have enjoyed almost every moment of it... poopy diapers, temper tantrums, crying, teething and fussing excluded. I love going out and having people notice her her smile and her eyes... then say "she looks just like you" I grin then say, " I can't take any credit... I'm her nanny."

The best part of being a nanny is, at the end of the day you get to give her back. After 12 long hours she gets to see the love of her life. Babies are so funny that way, there could be a million other people in the room and all they see is mommy. I cannot wait for my day... but after this week maybe I can.

I found myself wake up last night at 3 am to a fussing baby, I crawl out of bed to see what is wrong (thinking it was morning) I am afraid she has hit her head or rolled off the bed... not so... Mom was still there... she was hungry... I think it is so funny that it is so instinctive for me to do that. anyways ... baby's crying... got to go!

No comments: