Sunday, October 26, 2008

Charlie Brown Syndrome

Have you ever felt like you're a target for all the mean things people have to say? Like everyone around you is just somehow waiting to cause an issue for you and make you feel horrible? At those moments Charlie Brown's life looks good. I mean come on... all that happens to him is he goes to kick the football and he falls... you on the other hand not only fall, you fall into a fresh pile of manure.

I have been that target. I know I need to forgive and forget. But isn't it harder when it is the people closest to you that do the hurting? And you try and tell them but really they don't understand? I know it is only by God's grace that I will be able to forgive... because if it was up to me I would probably lock myself up in my room and just replay the conversations in my head over and over again.


So here I stand. I am going to have to pray for the ability to forgive and hopefully forget.

No comments: