Monday, September 15, 2008

Slowing down

I only have one Great Grandma left... I had two up until a couple of weeks ago, then my dad's grandma went to be with the Lord. She lived in Seattle. She was an amazing woman of God. She was 101 and a half years old! She had something like 6 kids 15 grandkids and 50 great grandkids and 4 great great grandkids. Now she is with the Lord.

I have one Great Grandma left now. She is one of the sweetest ladies in the whole world. She will celebrate another birthday in a few days and she will be 94. Today I had the pleasure of taking her to the dentist.


Honestly I didn't want to go. I had things to do, places to be, papers to file. I have been needing to do some "official business paperwork" and had to figure out where to file it. So I had finally figured out where i needed to file it and was going to do it this morning. But last night I got the call.... Rachel I need someone to take me to an emergency dental appointment.


Of course I had to do it.... I had needed to help her with some accounting for a while and I had been putting it off for a while so I had to go.


I got to her house at 8 am did some accounting for her. Then took her to her appointment. After that I knew it. I needed to slow down. I had to take her to lunch. I needed to spend some actual time with her.


I drove to Carl's Jr. and got us some milkshakes and a hamburger for me (she couldn't eat anything because of her dental work). We were going to have a picnic in the car. I drove down to San Clemente and we watched the waves crash.


It was at that moment I realized I needed to enjoy this.


She is 94 and I am so blessed... I have to take the time and enjoy the waves crashing with my Great Grandma.


I got my paperwork done in the afternoon.




I needed a wise lady to tell me to slow down.


1 comment:

Nyla said...

This brings tears to my eyes!

My grandfather passeed away a year before we moved here...I wish so badly that I would have been wise enough to spend some more time with him.

Good for you for slowing down! AND for sharing it, so others can learn from it!