Thursday, May 29, 2008

Minivan + adult female = mom

It is amazing how children's minds work, I love watching them make discoveries and figure things out! If I have babysat your kiddos they have probably asked me these questions...

Child- Miss Rachel, how come we never get to play with your kids?
Me- because I don't have any kids, I have a cat.
Child- why don't you have kids?
Me- because I am not married
Child- oh... when will you get married?
Me- When God decides it is time for me
Child- When will that be? what will the date be? Can I be the flower girl/ring bearer?
Me- I don't know when it will be, I am in no rush... and I will have to see then who will be my flower girl/ ring bearer.
Child- oh that sounds good... well can we play with your cat?
Me- No... she likes to stay at my house
Child- Can we come over and play with her?
Me- we will have to see about that :)

A few minutes pass

Child- But I thought you drove a minivan... shouldn't you have kids?

1 comment:

Nyla said...

I am cracking up! I can hear my kids especially Levi asking you that!

You are such a great babysitter! My kids adore you!